Braces are successful, productive appliances that give you the smile you have always wanted, but sometimes they can be a little inconvenient an uncomfortable. To help you have the best and most successful experience with braces, we recommend using these seven tips to get you through the day:
1. Make sure to keep a toothbrush and toothpaste with you at all times and try to brush your teeth after you eat. Having food stuck in your braces can be very embarrassing and unattractive, but you can easily avoid it by brushing your teeth frequently throughout the day.
2. Sometimes brushing your teeth doesn’t free some of the food that is stuck in your braces, which is why it’s smart to carry floss with you. If you floss after you eat, you will have a clean and beautiful smile in no time!
3. Don’t forget your orthodontic wax. Sometimes your braces can cause pain and discomfort, but with your wax, you can go throughout your day pain free and confident!
4. Make sure you keep chapstick with you. There will be times when your lips become chapped because of your braces, and no one likes the feeling of chapped lips. If you apply the chapstick throughout the day, you will have the smooth and fresh lips you want.
5. Keep a small mirror with you. There are times when it is extremely inconvenient to go to the restroom just to check your braces. If you have a mirror with you, you can check your braces without the extra trips to the boys and ladies rooms.
6. If you are a musician or athlete, don’t forget your mouth guard! Mouth guards successfully protect your teeth, lips, cheeks, and tongue while you play your sports and instruments.
7. Lastly, don’t forget to smile! Even if you are self-conscious, there is no need to be embarrassed by your braces. Braces are very common, and you should never feel like you have to hide your beautiful, stunning smile.
If you would like more tips on how you can have a successful and confident experience with braces, call our office today and talk to your orthodontist. We are happy to help you enjoy your time with braces!